Thursday, March 8, 2012

My GAME Plan

Developing My GAME Plan

The GAME Plan indicator that I will target are:
 NETS-T 1: "Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity"
 NETS-T 3:  "Model Digital Age Work and Learning"

To facilitate engaging lessons, I plan to provide opportunities for students to learn through inquiry and project-based environments that will allow students to naturally make connections of the common uses of technology in daily life and work collaboratively with all stakeholders. I also plan to implement content strategies discussed by Dr. Ertmer, wherein my knowledge, confidence and beliefs can allow me to expand student learning through technology integration as well as build a supportive culture of advocacy and collaboration with my colleagues.  (Laureate, Inc. 2010)

Embracing various modalities of technology  that correlates with classroom curriculum and allow guided modeling of digital age work and learning will students to expand student learning through authentic experiences.   I plan to use my web page as a PLC forum wherein  research-based theories, best practices, teacher resources, and student/parent tips can be shared beyond the classroom.  This will enlist an  enhanced learning to all stakeholders and we bridge the gap of communication while creating a sense of cohesiveness and opportunity for parent and community involvement. 

(International Society for Technology in Education. (2008). The ISTE NETS and Performance Indicators for Teachers (NETS•T). In ISTEnets LEADING DIGITAL-AGE EDUCATION. Retrieved March 4, 2012, from http://www.iste.org/Librarie/PDFs/NETS_for_Teachers_2008_EN.sflb.ashx

Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2010). Enriching content area learning experiences with technology, part one. Baltimore, MD: Author.

2 comments:

  1. Your idea of having your web page as a PLC forum is an excellent idea. You can get input from parents and get them involved in what your students are doing. In your first goal, have you thought about having your students create movies using xtranormal? I have been really interested in having this be an option for my students. I checked out the website and there are a few requirements, but it seems REALLY interesting. The teacher gets an account for ten dollars a month and each student subscription is only fifty cents. Students MUST be thirteen. Other than that, all they have to do, is be able to type! Students can work on the projects at home or at school! You have a page where you can post assignments, due dates, and you can even delete movies if they do not meet the specified criteria set up by you! Here is the website: http://www.xtranormal.com/ Check it out and see if it might be something that works for you and your students. If it is too costly for you, maybe you can test it out with a few students this year and see if you/your students like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed that my comments did not post. I will try to recall my comments and repost them.

    I like how you are using your web page as a PLC forum for your parents, students, and other educators. To aid you in your creativity goal, I was researching a movie making site called xtranormal. The teacher creates an account for ten dollars and each student's account will cost you fifty cents per month. Students must be thirteen years old to have an account. The teacher has a page where he or she may create assignments. If the cost is too expensive, maybe you could select a small group of students to test it out with for this year. Here is the teacher video website so you can check it out:http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/featured/28
    I hope this is helpful!

    ReplyDelete